Organized in 1977, the Northwest Wisconsin Building Inspectors Association (NWBIA) is one of four regional Wisconsin Building Inspector Associations and encompasses the twenty-two counties of northwest Wisconsin.
Encouraged by the state and the League of Municipalities, the NWBIA was chartered to establish a professional organization for the representation of northwest Wisconsin, provide a member to the Dwelling Code Council, conduct monthly business meetings, inform, educate and discuss code issues, as well as provide an avenue for the code updating and change process. Adhering to our charter, the NWBIA conducts monthly meetings, hosts affordable annual code update training opportunities, and provides discount materials and services as well as insuring its members receive up-to-date information related to the industry.
The NWBIA is members, friendly, and encouraging your participation by conducting its business meetings at locations throughout the northwest region and providing its members a geographical resource of invaluable professional relationships, knowledge, and experience from which assistance, information, and services are readily available. Our annual informal outing is hugely popular, offering an opportunity for members and guests to socialize in some of the areas most interesting and scenic recreational areas.
– To Promote higher professional and ethical standards in the field of building inspection.
– To Establish and maintain a good working relationship with the building industry.
– To promote the uniformity of Building Codes.
– To periodically review the introduction of new materials, methods of construction, devices and equipment and to recommend Code changes to affect the use of such materials and methods when in the best interest of the public.
– To promote uniform administration, interpretation, and enforcement of building codes and support the concept of uniform codes.
– To hold periodic educational and informational meetings.
The NWBIA established and regularly contributes to scholarships at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC) in Rice Lake and Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) in Eau Claire. These scholarships are awarded to students enrolled in programs related to the construction and building trades.
The NWBIA also makes annual contributions to multiple charitable and community service organizations.